Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Readings in the Boston Globe

When reading the Boston Globe recently, the number one story that has been tracked is the Syria conflict. It seems that new information is developing every second, and the Boston Globe is always updating their stories. One of the most recent articles is about a speech the president gave, in which he talks about threats and diplomacy to Syria. The one thing that I found interesting in this article was that the writer seemed to go out of their way to criticize the presidents speech. In one part of the speech, the president made the point that America is not the worlds police. The very next paragraph, the writer points out how with Americas help, they can stop children from being gassed to death. I found this very interesting, considering the Boston Globe usually does nothing but report the facts, and does not try to give the reader a biased view.

2 comments:

  1. Justin -- My guess is that the Globe was presenting perspectives that weren't its own, but I'd have to see the context.

    I'd like to see a little more depth and maybe a little more length to your blogs. I enjoy hearing how you guys think about journalism issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin -- My guess is that the Globe was presenting perspectives that weren't its own, but I'd have to see the context.

    I'd like to see a little more depth and maybe a little more length to your blogs. I enjoy hearing how you guys think about journalism issues.

    ReplyDelete