Tuesday, September 3, 2013
My most popular source of news? To be honest, I have to say it is Twitter. While of course I use CNN a lot, the biggest stories I have found out about recently have come from Twitter first. Months ago, when the Boston Bombing happened, I found out about it on Twitter before CNN even had a story about it. Now one of the accounts I follow on Twitter is CNN Breaking News, and even still I find out about stories quicker through retweets. If there was anything I had to know every day it would be world conflicts, most recently the conflict with Syria. I truly think that Twitter has revolutionized the way news is spread. While I am very interested in world conflicts, it is not my biggest passion for news. That award goes to sports news. If there is one Twitter account I could never unfollow, it would be the Sportscenter account. They are always guaranteed to bring breaking sports news with great accuracy. Why? Because of all their insider reporters. With twitter, I am able to have more knowledge about a sport or team than I need to know, without even following them closely. As this class progresses, I hope to continue to use Twitter, and to find out how to use it even more effectively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment