Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Delayed Lead
Since I began writing, I always liked to start a paper with a delayed lead. I always thought that giving background info first was a great way to start a story. Since taking journalism however, I have learned that this is not how you should begin a story. The lead should always be quick and get to the point. However there a few times when a delayed lead can help a story. One example is when its a lead story that is clearly going to be long and cover a lot of topics. In this situation, giving some background information would most likely help. There are other stories, however, when you should just get to the main focus of the story immediately. In these stories, too much background will bore the reader and cause them to lose interest very fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment