Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Hardest Week
Last week, I think I can say I experienced one of the hardest and most stressful weeks of my college career. I feel like I truly got to experience what it is like being a reporter. I was able to get 5 interviews done in 2 days, and it was not easy. Almost every person I asked told me to come back some other time for an interview, meaning I had to schedule that time around my classes and other interviews. By Tuesday afternoon I was running around Main Street trying to get all those interviews done. Thankfully, I was able to get them all. What also really helped was that the people I asked for an interview were willing to do one, just not at the time I originally asked them. The one person that gave me a hard time was a cook at one of the restaurants who clearly did not want to do an interview, but would not just say it. He kept making the excuse to come back when he had more time, even though the place was completely empty. Maybe he really was busy, but he sure did not look like he was overrun. When I finally did get the interviews done, it was time to write the story, which proved much harder than I thought. In the end though, I was able to get the story done, and use all my sources. While it was not easy, I think that was the most experience I have gotten so far in journalism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment