Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Notes

After looking through my text book, I have been realizing things I have to either start doing or get better at. One thing I realize that I really need to improve on is note taking. While doing interviews I do take notes, but they are not very useful. Its mostly me just writing down one word about a certain topic. I mostly rely on recording with my iPhone. While this ensures I always have exactly what they said, it takes a long time to find certain quotes to put in my story. It would be much easier if I were able to jot down the main points and even quotes so I can just look at a few pieces of paper instead of rewinding and fast forwarding a 5 minute interview. Based off the examples in the textbook, I know what I should be doing, now I just have to find a way to do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment